IndigoSCADA is an entirely Open Source project. IndigoSCADA development is carried out largely by a group of volunteers, that in time have built up a large, valuable and useful code base, free to use and improve for everybody. As a result, you have free access to the source code and binaries that we provide. As a result of this volunteer approach, a number of tasks, less interesting or important for the developers, are sometimes left behind. In addition, promoting IndigoSCADA requires our participation at meeting events and the production of information material, sometimes very expensive for volunteer developers.
Meanwhile, many organizations have made an investment in using IndigoSCADA as part of their operations, but have not had a way to directly contribute to the success and long-term health of the project.
We would like to extend our activities and improve the quality of IndigoSCADA.
Your financial contribution will support the maintenance, improvement, and promotion of IndigoSCADA.
Sponsorship is not a way for individuals to control the development of the project,
but rather a way of ensuring the longevity and overall health of the project.
How can you support the IndigoSCADA Development
There are two kinds of financial contributions, we accept:
- sponsorships: a sponsorship is an annual commitment of funds to the project.
- donation: a donation is a once off financial contribution to the IndigoSCADA project.
Sponsors can sponsor IndigoSCADA for any amount of money of at least 500 €/700 US$. Sponsorships last one year, after which they may be continued with a new payment, or allowed to lapse. At or above the following levels a sponsor will be designated as being one of the following class:
- 27,000+ €/39,000 US$: Platinum Sponsor
- 9,000+ €/13,000 US$: Gold Sponsor
- 3,000+ €/4,300 US$: Silver Sponsor
- 500+ €/700 US$: Bronze Sponsor
Donations can be of any amount, preferably sent through the Support this project button. Even a small donation can make a big difference and help to reach important project goals!
What is your benefit sponsoring the IndigoSCADA Development
Sponsoring the IndigoSCADA project provides the following benefits:
- Ensures the sustainability and health of the IndigoSCADA project.
- All sponsors will be listed on the project sponsor page, ordered by contribution class (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze) with a link back to the sponsor.
- Platinum Sponsors will have their logo placed on rotating banner on front page of IndigoSCADA
- Gold Sponsors will be listed on the sponsors page with a large logo (e.g. 300x200px)
- Silver sponsors will be listed on the sponsors page with a medium size logo (e.g. 150x100px)
- Bronze sponsors will be listed on the sponsors page with a small size logo (e.g. 64x64px)
- Sponsors will be listed in the front matter of the IndigoSCADA manual
- Sponsors will be allowed to use a special version of the IndigoSCADA logo on their web site and promotional materials, which shows they are a sponsor of the IndigoSCADA project
- Donors will be listed on the sponsors page, but do not receive the additional benefits listed above for sponsors
No advertising will be placed within the IndigoSCADA application itself.
How do we use financial support
The sponsorship funds will be spent to directly improve the code base of the project, to fund tasks that generally receive less attention from developers, and to fund work on peripheral project tasks so that core contributors can focus efforts on IndigoSCADA improvements. As an example, we would like to fund the following project activities:
- fund developers to work on specific aspects of IndigoSCADA including implementing new features and fixing bugs
- an annual IndigoSCADA Developer Meeting where we can meet in person and brainstorm, fix bugs and hold a week of intensive IndigoSCADA development work. Most IndigoSCADA developers will happily donate their time to such events, but we are looking for sponsors to cover travel, accommodation and subsistence costs for these events.
- attendance to other conferences. There are several high profile conferences held each year, and we would like to be able to fund IndigoSCADA team members to represent IndigoSCADA at important conferences, to promote it among users and raise interest and solicit code contributions from other developers.
Decisions on spending of sponsorship funds will be made by the IndigoSCADA Project Steering Committee.
Organizations or individuals interested in sponsoring the IndigoSCADA project should contact the IndigoSCADA Finance and Marketing advisor with questions, or to make arrangements.